Spring season is the perfect and best time of the year to do the trekking activities in Nepal. Even in the spring season, early to mid-April is the best time for high altitude trekking.
The weather in this month is good not too hot below and not too cold at the height.
April is a good time for climbing high passes as the snow has begun to melt. The mountain views are clear at this time.
You will love this month as there are flowers everywhere. The views are also pretty. Both flora and fauna are really nice. You can see different kinds of birds.
When trekking in Nepal in April, you will also encounter a few unique festivals such as Bisket Jatra, Nepali New Year, and Nepal’s Mother’s Day.
Weather Conditions of April in Nepal
Trekking in Nepal in April is beautiful because of the weather conditions.
This time of the year has the warmer temperature but sometimes hazy views.
Throughout April, mornings are clear and sunny in the mountain regions. But, the weather also often changes rapidly.
The temperature is mildly warm at lower elevations and the moderate above 4000m.
In the mountains, the temperature is warmer and might go up to 20+°C during the day. During the night time, the temperatures might range from 5-7°C.
Weather conditions fluctuate as you go up or down in altitudes. Likewise, it also varies according to the trekking route. The base camp and the high passes might have extreme weather conditions.
During this time of the year, weather remains clear with very fewer chances of rainfall. You will get crystal clear views of Himalayas.
Best Destinations for Trekking in Nepal in April
Trekking in Nepal in April is very supportive in terms of trail, weather, and visibility.
All treks are accessible during April in Nepal from Everest to Annapurna Region.
Almost all trails are full of colorful flowers. Nepal’s national flower, Rhododendron blooms and make for a pleasant trek.
Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp Trek is one of the most famous treks in Nepal. This trek is full of adventure as you will explore the Khumbu region’s many majestic features.
The trek starts from Lukla after a 30-minute flight from Kathmandu. After tiny airstrip, you will head off into the homelands of the ethnic Sherpa people. You will spend some time in Namche Bazaar to explore and acclimatize.
The main highlight of this trek is the breathtaking views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Pumori and landmark of Kalapathar.
Everest Base Camp Trek offers fresh Himalayan surroundings. This trek takes you through amazing mountain valleys.
It does not only includes Namche Bazaar but also villages like Tengboche and Dingboche. Likewise, you will be going to the Sagarmatha National Park. It is a UNESCO Natural World Heritage Site.
The beautiful trek also includes the vantage point of Kalapathar. From here you can enjoy the stunning panorama of the entire Mt. Everest.
Besides this, you will see Buddhist monasteries in Tengboche and Pangboche. On the trail, you will see the extraordinary ice sculptures of the Khumbu Glacier.
The most appropriate time for the Everest Base Camp is autumn (October and November) and spring (April and May).
- Scenic flight from and to Lukla
- Visit the Namche Bazaar the main trading center and hub for the Khumbu region
- Observe the legendary Sherpa culture of the Khumbu region
- The amazing view of Khumbu glacier and ice fall
- Hiking to the Kalapathar-the perfect viewpoint of Mt. Everest
- Visit the one of the old Buddhist monastery-Tengboche Monastery
- The floral and faunal biodiversity of Sagarmatha National Park
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is one of the top trekking trails throughout the world. The trekking in this trial provides the opportunity to explore the landscape of the whole Annapurna region.
Along the route and from the base camp you will have the stunning view of Mt. Annapurna. Mt. Machhapuchhre, and Mt. Dhaulagiri.
The trek starts from Pokhara, the most popular tourist destination in the country. The trekking trail leads through the Burundi river and traverses through colorful rhododendron and pine forests.
You will get to experience the unique Gurung culture and other indigenous communities. You will also visit the beautiful Ulleri village dominated by Magar community.
The trail leads you ancient trade stoppage of Ghorepani and the vantage point Poonhill to the base camp of Fishtail and Annapurna Mountain.
Throughout the trail, you will be constantly in the company of the Himalayas. This trekking trail is specially designed who seek the stunning diversity without trekking on the strenuous trail.
The best part of trekking Annapurna Base Camp in April is the whole forest along the trail turns colorful with rhododendron flowers. Besides this, this amazing trek can be done any time of the year.
- Sightseeing in World Heritage Sites: Durbar Square, Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Pashupatinath Temple and Boudhanath Stupa
- Walk through Annapurna Conservation Area, ideal destination for bird watching
- Spectacular sunrise view from Poonhill
- Explore the ethnic lifestyle and culture of the Himalayas people
- Close up view of tallest mountain peaks of Annapurna range
- Reach the base camp of the most beautiful mountain Fishtail and Annapurna
- Enjoy the natural hot spring at Jhinu Dada
Langtang Valley Trek
Langtang Valley Trek starts from the lower Langtang valley, the important trading route with Tibet.On the way, the beautiful landscape, green terraced farm, rhododendron forests, and amazing view of the mountains dominate the journey.
During the Langtang Valley Trek, you will enjoy the natural beauty on the way. Langtang Lirung, Langshisha, Ganja la Peaks are the center of attraction of this trek.
You will also walk through Langtang National Park, where you might get the chance to see some endangered species.
You will see the green terraced farm, Himalayan view, different waterfalls and traditional villages. You will pass through different local villages inhabited by Tibetans, Tamang and Sherpa people.
Once you reach the Langtang valley, you will see different flapping prayer flags, brightly painted chortens, and Mani walls.
From Langtang valley, trails continue to Kyanjin Gompa. From this point, you will get the good views of numerous glaciers.
The best time for this trek is beginning of March to end of May and beginning of September to end of December.
- Scenic road drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi
- Explore the authentic Tamang culture in the mountainous villages
- Panoramic views from Kyanjin Ri
- Visit Tibetan villages and explore the rich Tibetan culture
- Stunning view from Ganja La Pass
- Visit old and significant Buddhist monasteries, stupas and monuments
- Explore the wildlife around Langtang National Park
- Visit to Langtang village and Kyanjin Monastery
Upper Mustang Trek
Upper Mustang Trek is one of the popular trekking trails in the world. As this trail offers the combination of natural and cultural beauty.
This trail provides the opportunity to explore the hidden kingdom of Mustang region. Mustang lies in the rain shadow of the Dhaulagiri massif.
On the trail, the barren landscape is decorated with prayer flags which add a splash of color. The trail follows the ancient salt caravan route. The center of attraction of the Upper Mustang trek is the capital of Upper Mustang, Lo Manthang.
You will get a plenty of opportunities to visit different ancient Buddhists monasteries.The trail traverses through the almost treeless barren landscape, a steep rocky up and downhill.
This trek offers the opportunity to experience the hospitality of the locals living in the remote region. Also, you will explore the untouched culture and lifestyle of the Mustang people.
The cultural performances in the monastery and festival celebration really gather unique experience in the Himalayas.
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara
- Visit amazing last forbidden kingdom-Lo Manthang
- Explore the Tibetan lifestyles and culture
- Visit ancient Buddhists monasteries i.e. older than a thousand years
- Walk through the Kali Gandaki river and almost treeless barren landscape
- Stunning view of Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Machhapuchhre, and Mt. Manaslu
Manaslu Circuit Trek
Manaslu Circuit Trek is one of the best trekking destination that provides you an incredible experience. Manaslu Circuit Trek falls under the restricted trek areas in Nepal.
The prime highlight of this trek is the spectacular unhindered views of Mt. Manaslu. Manaslu Circuit Trek will surpass all your expectations. The trek to the foot of the 8th highest peak in the world will grant you an incredible view that will last you a lifetime.
The trek also features rhododendron forests, precarious bridges, and raging rivers.
Once you start your trekking, you will be overwhelmed with the natural beauty and the untouched culture of the ethnic inhabitants.
Besides these natural attractions, you will get a better opportunity to overview the Tibetan culture and lifestyle.
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Arughat
- Walk through Budhi Gandaki River valley
- Amazing view of the Mt. Manaslu, Mt. HImchuli, and Mt. Ganesh
- Larkya La pass
- Experience the unique cultural blend of Tibetan and Nepalese people
Top Best Reason for Trekking in Nepal in April
- Weather conditions are stable, there is less chance of flight cancellation or delay.
- The days are longer and it is mildly warm at lower altitudes.
- Above 4000 m the temperatures is moderate and pleasant.
- Rising temperature makes trails drier and easier to pass.
- The best mountain views
- In this time frame, there are fewer people on the trails than in the September-November season.
Useful Tips for Trekking in Nepal in April
- If you are trekking in an unknown trail, then you a need to hire a licensed trekking guide for your own safety.
- This month is by far the most crowded time of year in Nepal. So, you need to do the advanced booking for the accommodation and flight.
- At higher altitudes, you need to dress up in layered.
- For lower elevation, an umbrella and a raincoat will be a better option.
April is the second-best time of the year for trekking at higher altitude. You don’t need to worry about the weather.
Even the history suggests that the weather does no harm to the trekkers while trekking in Nepal in April.
In fact, after October and November, April received the highest number of trekkers.
So, the lodges will be fully opened and you will get a plenty of chances to interact with people from all over the world.
Trekking in Nepal in April features rich flora and fauna, breathtaking scenery and unique festivals make your trekking trip worthwhile.
Have any queries? Feel free to ask: https://www.himalaya-discovery.com/contact/