Are you looking for the short trekking in Nepal with your family? Then, Nepal is a great travel destination for trekking enthusiasts. It is also a very good option for families with children interested in active travel.
Nepal is emerging as a very family-friendly trekking destination in Asia. Family trekking in Nepal will allow you to experience the history, culture and natural scenery in new and exciting ways with your family.
Our trekking package ensures that you will have an opportunity to taste the best local and authentic cuisine.
Family trek creates once in a lifetime memory and will give you the fuel needed to continue on your journey.
Family trekking in Nepal can do around the whole year but Autumn and Spring season are best.
Family Trekking in Nepal – Nepal with Kids
We have selected some popular trekking routes for the Family trekking in Nepal. These trekking routes are suitable for the family with children at lower altitudes.
Everest Panorama Trek
Everest Panorama Trek is one of the most popular trekking destination in Everest region. The major highlights of this trek are unique natural diversity, traditional Sherpa culture, and beautiful landscape.
This trek offers you a superb view of the world’s highest peak including Everest, Lhotse, Ama Dablam and other many snowy peaks.
The trek starts from the scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla in the Khumbu region. Then you head towards the top of the hill to Sherpa capital Namche Bazaar.
The trail passes through Sagarmatha National park which is home to various wild species including flora and fauna. On the trail, you will observe different Buddhist monasteries, chorten, and Sherpa villages. You will also visit one of the most popular ancient monasteries-Tengboche monastery.
During the trekking period, you will get a wonderful opportunity to experience the lifestyle of culturally rich Sherpa people.
Everest Panorama Trek is suitable for all age group and great options for the family trekking too. For this beautiful trek, spring and autumn are the best time.
Everest Panorama Trek: Highlights
- Scenic mountain flight to and from Lukla
- Reach the base camp of the world’s highest mountain i.e. Mt. Everest
- Visit the famous Buddhist monastery of Tengboche and Khumjung
- Explore the lifestyle and culture of the mountain people
- Amazing view of the Himalayas including Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Mt. Thamserku, and Mt. Amadablam
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Families are also highly preferred Annapurna Base Camp Trek since it has scenic mountain vistas in all direction with the easy itinerary. You only need to trek for 5-6 hours every day but it depends on the pace of your walking.
The trek starts with a short scenic drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara and to Nayapul. After the trek start and goes through Jhinu, Chhomrong, Bamboo, Deurali and finally reach Annapurna Base Camp.
The trail goes through the Ghorepani where you ascend Poon Hill. From here you will get a magnificent sunrise view over Annapurna and Dhaulagiri range. The surrounding views of Annapurna I, Machhapuchhre, and Dhaulagiri will also amaze you.
This trek will be more interesting in spring as the whole forest turns colorful with rhododendron flowers. This wonderful trip can be done any time of year except during the monsoons.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Highlights
- Visit the most beautiful lake city of Nepal, Pokhara
- The best sunrise views from top of Poonhill
- Panoramic views of the Annapurna mountain ranges
- Visit the Gurung Village of Ghorepani and Chomrong
- Experience the unique people and different ethnic culture
- Reach the Annapurna Base Camp
Poon Hill Trek
Poon Hill Trek is a best short trekking experience in the popular trekking region of Nepal.
This is easier trail lies in the Annapurna region which takes only approximately 4 days. This trekking trail is also suitable for the family has small children.
The trek approaches from Nayapul along with Modi Khola. Trekking trail passes through the beautiful Gurung villages of Annapurna region.
This trek gives you an opportunity to get a close insight of the Gurung’s unique culture and lifestyle.
The final trekking point Poonhill give you the most stunning view of most famous mountains of Nepal. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna I, Annapurna II, Annapurna IV, Annapurna South are some of them.
This family trek offers the unforgettable sunrise view over Annapurna mountain range.
You can choose different trekking route; one route leads to the Ghandruk village and another leads you to Jhinu, where you can enjoy the natural hot springs.
Poon Hill Trek: Highlights
- Cultural sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Pokhara sightseeing tour
- Sunrise view over the Himalayas from Poon Hill
- Breathtaking views of Mt Dhaulagiri and Mt. Annapurna range
- Visit the pleasant Ghorepani village
- Explore the unique Gurung’s culture and lifestyle
- Enjoy the natural hot spring on Jhinu Dada
Jomsom Muktinath Trek
Jomsom Muktinath Trek is one of the most popular trekking trails in the Annapurna region. This trekking package is specially designed for the family with 6 to 10 years toddlers.
Along the trail, you will find the diverse landscape and can also observe the cultural and religious aspects of high mountain people of Nepal.
This treks begin with the beautiful lake city Pokhara through the deepest valley in the world Kali Gandaki. The trekking routes lead you to the uninhabited plateau of Upper Mustang.
The temple Muktinath is the highest point of the trail and also the famous pilgrimage site for both Buddhists and Hindus.
You will see the Buddhists Gompa, ancient monasteries and Mani walls along the trails. Besides this, you will also visit Jawala Mai temple which has three eternal flames from the rock fed by the natural gas.
The trek offers a panoramic view of Upper Mustang Valley and scenic mountain ranges of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, and Dolpo. You will also get a chance to take a hot bath in the natural hot springs of Tatopani.
Kagbeni, the gateway of Upper Mustang trekking is also the very interesting place for kids to explore.
This trek can be a perfect choice for those looking for a short adventure trip or family trek.
As this trekking trail lies in the rain-shadow area. So, this trek can be planned at any time of the year including the monsoon season.
Jomsom Muktinath Trek: Highlights
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara
- Taking natural hot bath at hot spring at Tatopani
- Visit holy place Muktinath
- Visit Jwala Mai Temple-featuring gas fires
- Enjoy the panoramic view of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Nilgiri
- Experience the lifestyle and hospitality of Gurung, Thakali, and Sherpa people
Tamang Heritage Trek
The Tamang Heritage Trail is the newly developed trekking trail. This trail offers you an off the beaten track with the beautiful mountain vistas.
Most of the people in this region are Tibetans who came from Kerung in Tibet across the border. The culture and traditions of these people are similar to the Tibetan across the border.
The main highlight of this trekking is an ancient rich cultural heritage of the Tamang people in Langtang valley. You can also observe the stunning views of the snow-capped mountains and variety of wild species.
This trekking package provides various unique kind of experience. Tamang rituals, Tibetan culture, festivals, costumes, traditional architecture expose of Tamang culture in a unique way.
The trekking trails are full of total wilderness and you will explore traditional Tamang villages. During March and April, the Rhododendron forests are in full bloom.
The trek also offers the great view of Mt. Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal, Jugal Himal and other nearby peaks. On the trail, you can also enjoy the hot bath in the hot-water spring at Tatopani.
You will also get exclusive handicrafts items like traditional caps, mufflers, and other items.
Tamang Heritage Trek : Highlights
- Magnificent views of Mt. Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal and The Tibetan Peaks
- Explore the rich culture of the Tamang people
- Explore the picturesque Tibetan villages
- Experience the famous Tamang hospitality
- Observe the Syabru, Mane, and other local dances
- Natural Hot Spring at Tatopani village
Tips for Family Trekking in Nepal
- If you are planning to take your family up a mountain, then you need to hire a guide and porters.
- You need to carry a plenty of water with you. Your young children might get dehydrated very quickly.
- Ensure that your whole family is well equipped. You need to have good sturdy hiking boots for your family.
- Always walk at the pace of the slowest walker.
- You will need to plan your trekking route carefully. You need to choose the trail where there is easy access to accommodation, food, and other facilities.
- You need to carry extra supplies of food and water. Extra items like medicines and sun protection are also preferred.
- Due to the risk of Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS), you are not advised to take your young ones above 4000m.
Family trekking in Nepal is becoming popular outdoor activities in Nepal. We can assure you that Nepal can be the best destination for trekking holidays with your family. You can explore remote villages and regions that you would not be able to visit by any other means.
It is a wonderful opportunity for your children to observe different cultures, languages, and lifestyle of Nepali people in the short period.
Besides mentioned above trekking package, we arrange other customized Family Trekking services as per family member choice.
Feel free to ask any questions related to family trekking package. You can contact us through https://www.himalaya-discovery.com/contact/