Annapurna Base Camp Trek Map
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is also known as Annapurna Sanctuary Trek can be completed in about 8 to 12 days, and although you must be normal physically fit, the difficulty is not that high. We have provided Annapurna base camp trek map to help you visualize your hiking route. And this map covers another trekking trail in Annapurna region like Poon Hill Trek.
Tips for the Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Bring enough local currency (NPR). Hard to find the credit card machine on the mountain.
- Guesthouses in the mountain have power. Some will request a small fee to charge your items higher attitude, others will be free of charge.
- Wifi is available in some guesthouses for approx. 100 NPR (1 USD). Should you need medical consultant or help, doctors and small hospitals can be found at Ghorepani, Ghandruki and Ulleri.
- The higher you get in the mountains; the more expensive meals/water/snacks are.
- Hold your water bottle after Ghorepani to refill your bottles.
- While applying for entry trekking permit, two passport size photos are required.
- During the rainy season June/ July/August keep a close eye out for leeches. It is wise to carry a small amount of salt with you and you can ask the guesthouse.
- Good to wake up every morning for sunrises… and it’s the best part of the day!