The greatest mountains in the world: the Himalayas. As guides and an adventurous couple, Chhiring and Julie Sherpa spent many years exploring the Himalaya’s magical valleys and ancient ways, setting the standards for Touring, Trekking, Mountaineering and the Culture. Proudly we are dedicated to provide expert guidance throughout each stage of your holiday experience in Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan.
Your Financial Protection
Himalaya Discovery Adventures is a reputed adventure travel operator, registered and licensed obtained from the respective government authorities:
Department of Tourism NTB (Ministry of Tourism and Civil Aviation of Nepal).
We are member of TAAN (Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal).
We are member of NMA (Nepal Mountaineering Association of Nepal).
Intensive Safety Measures
All our trekking guides and tour leaders are trained in Wilderness First Aid, Eco tourism and crisis management. Years of training and experience have taught them to deal with any adverse situations from diarrhea to Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS).
- Leading small groups contributes to the organization’s vision about environmental and cultural preservation.
- You are guaranteed that while travelling with our team you are sure to feel like one of our family.
- We are attentive to your individual needs.
- We are able to answer any questions while trekking and touring in Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan.
- With each of our trips it includes some free time for you to discover and do as you please.
Quality of Services
Himalaya Discovery Adventures is located in Belgium, the centre of Europe, and Nepal, the Kingdom of the Himalaya. Combining the knowledge of each other’s country, we can provide top quality services and facilities at very competitive prices to exceed your expectation.
- Our highly motivated team is always at hand to make certain that every aspect of your journey is heart-warming and rewarding.
- International standard of service.
- Flexibility to accommodate any requirements.
- All our clients are met at the airport upon arrival to ensure hassle free transfer to your hotel. Upon your departure we are there to bid you a farewell and safe onward journey.
- We build strong partnerships with our service providers to ensure quality.
- We use local leaders, guides and porters on all our tours and treks.
- Our trips are not the cheapest although we can ensure the quality of service you receive is unmatchable.
Experienced Local Experts
We employ a range of dedicated and professional staff from administration, expert guides, porters to airport representatives. They are all local people who have been working in the tourism field for many years and each of them are employed on a full-time basis with Himalaya Discovery. By being 100% locally operated we are able to keep our prices reasonable and all trip proceeds support the local economy directly.
Staff Welfare / Porter Protection Policy
Himalaya Discovery Adventures appreciates the hard work our guides and porters perform, without them your trip would not be possible. Therefore we treat and obey the following Guide and Porter Policy to ensure the working conditions of our guides and porters are of a humane and fair standard. We continue to strive towards eliminating avoidable illness, injury and accident. We ask that you follow our guidelines for ethical trekking and treat them as you would like to be treated yourself, after all they are only human. All our Guides and Porters receive Medical care when ill or injured.
- We provide basic accommodation for our guides and porters or tent with sleeping gear we also provided them food and warm drinks.
- We have insurance policies for each of our employees.
- We provide appropriate clothing for each season and altitude, ensuring protection from cold, rain and snow. This means windproof jackets, trousers, fleece jackets, long johns, suitable footwear, socks, hat, gloves and sunglasses.
- We never overload our porters, for us it’s not all about making money. We thrive on being able to employ local people; we respect and treat each and every one them as we would expect to be treated with the upmost respect.
Flexible Trip Dates & Customized Itinerary
Book your trip for any departure date and schedule that you prefer. You have the option of trips by yourself or with a group if one is scheduled on the dates you prefer. We work closely with you and can customize your itinerary to ensure you get the ultimate Himalayan experience that you expect.
Flexible Payment Options
Himalaya Discovery Adventures offers several convenient payment options. A deposit of 20% of the total trip amount will be charged whilst booking your trip and the rest will be paid up on your arrival in Kathmandu. For this deposit can be made by Bank wire transfer. Upon receipt, we will initiate the reservations and inform you when all hotels, tours, and transportation have been confirmed.